Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our God Is Bigger Than That

Kelsey says the phrase, 'our God is bigger than that," ALL THE TIME.  I might have kind of mocked her for it once or twice, but it is so true. This week especially Kelsey and I need to KNOW with our minds and hearts that our God is bigger than that.

Obukuumi has been facing some tough stuff lately. We are heartbroken. We are confused. We are anxious. And there is just so little that we can actually DO, especially me, sitting here at my computer in America. I ache to hold these kiddos and shower them with kisses.

This was my devo today:

"Do you not fear me?" Says the Lord."Will you not tremble at My presence, who has placed the sand as the bound of the sea, by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass beyond it? And though its waves toss to and fro, yet they cannot prevail? Exaltation comes neither from the east nor from the west nor from the south. But God is the judge: He puts down one, and exalts another.
He changes the times and the seasons; he removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled.
If God is for us, who can be against us? Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. The very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows"

I think Sunday School can overdue the image of God as the kindly grandpa who speaks softly and welcomes us to his lap. We tend to forgot just how powerful our God is. I can't imagine what our lives would look like if we ACTUALLY believed with our heart, mind, and soul that Our God made the heavens and the earth, commands the waves and the sun, and controls each season and storm. I know I would worry a whole lot less. I would trust him with so much more.

Please keep us in your prayers are we struggle to know this BIG God who has everything completely under control. This God who loves these kids more than we can even grasp and who aches much more then we do to see them healed and home. God is for us, and it is laughable to be anxious about what comes against us. I need to learn to truly believe this. I need to KNOW that our God is bigger than this.

- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment