Saturday, May 7, 2011

Introducing Susan

Meet Susan! Susan is our social worker who will be running the program while Kelsey and I are back in the states. Part of the donations made to Obukuumi will be going towards paying her salary. We met Susan when we first arrived in Uganda last year and have been great friends ever since. We could not have asked for anyone more perfect for the job. We trust her completely and feel so secure leaving the program in her care. She has already been incredibly helpful with explaining cultural differences to us and her wisdom with how to deal with the situations that arise have been so valuable to the program.

Here is her bio in her own words:
“My name is Susan Acen. I’m 25 years old. I am an Acholi by tribe, from Gulu district (Northern Uganda). I attended Nsamuzi Training Institute affiliated with Makerere University and majored in social work. Thank you very much for making me put my social work experience into practice. I am very excited and proud to be working Obukuumi sponsorship ministry and I really enjoy doing my work."


We are so excited to have her!

No comments:

Post a Comment