Monday, May 9, 2011

Esther's Story

This kid. I don’t even know where to begin. She is a crazy baby who loves to run us in circles with her mood swings , is very particular about everything, and has me crying and laughing right after the other. Many of you know our back story and how important she has been in my life. If not you can read a detailed post about us here.

Esther arrived at Amani at two weeks old a year and a half ago. Her mother died giving birth to her and her father was too young to care for her. We were unsure of her other family and whether they wanted to have her but soon found that her Jjaja would love for her to return home. Essy went home right before Christmas at 10 months old and has been one of the best adjusted kids and her family is one of our favorite families. Esther is loved not only by her Jjaja but aunties, cousins, great aunts, uncles, and so many others we cannot even keep track of. She is the little princess of the compound and a tad bit spoiled I think. 

Esther met me at the airport on Thursday and stayed with us for four days. When I returned her home I got to meet her family for the first time and was just blown about by their love and care for Esther. It is such a beautiful thing to see a child I love with my whole heart home in a family that loves her. As we drove over the breath taking land that Esther lived on I knew without a doubt in my mind that this home was the best place for Esther to be.  What better place for a child to grow up then with her language being spoken, stories of her mother’s life being whispered in her ear, and her home country growing all around her?

 If you know me you know that I think adoption is one of the most beautiful things we have in this world, but that does not mean we should minimize the beauty and importance of children being raised in their original homes with their biological families when possible. I am so overcome with gratitude to our creator that he has worked all things together for the good of Esther and my prayer is that He would continue to guide her steps and that I would never intervene with His ultimate plan. 


 Look at that charming diva!!!
 Esther's family all together

Esther with one of her aunts and cousins

No comments:

Post a Comment