Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bind my wandering heart to thee

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness" Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.  Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

'Yes Jesus Loves Me' was my favorite Sunday school song growing up. I would sit on my Dad's shoulders.  We would sing it together, and then at the end we would both make muscles.  Our voices would get louder and we would shout the last line "we are weak but He is strong".  That was my favorite part.  I was reminded of this verse today, and then reminded of this song. So simple and beautiful. Growing up I think a lot of little girls associate God with their Dads.  A big guy who will protect them.  Keep them safe from all harm.  In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul talks about the thorn in his side.  A thorn that he pleaded and begged that God would remove.  A thorn that God did not remove because He needed Paul to be weak.  Because in Paul's weakness God's grace and His power was revealed.  If it weren't for our thorns we would forget how much we need Him.  How far we fall short.  When our strength isn't enough (which is all the time), He carries us through.  In our weakness, His strength shines through.  So this is my prayer: Lord keep me weak.  Keep me weak by my own strength so I can rely only on the strength of my Heavenly Father. 

-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment